Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentines Day . [Don't roll your eyes and sigh , it's not what you think ;)]

Oh yes. You read correctly. That day that 50% of people love and the other 50% dread. 

I use to be that 50% who dreaded that day. I know what you think, you think, this day is gross. All these couples loving on each other, all the Valentines day notes and cards and decorations. Even when you get home, flowers invade your home and every letter in the mail has either a heart of "Happy Valentines Day" on it. Even when you turn on the television set, it's love movie after love movie over and over, some channels on repeat. So that night you decide to clean or actually do your homework or even just sit there and read the Valentines day forwards you are receiving from friends. 

Now, I am the 50% who looks forward to it. Amazing how one person can change your outlook on things. For years the only "Valentines Gifts" I got were from my parents. [Embarrassing hu?] Last year, I spent the night alone, watching love movies with a thing of chocolates and hot tea crying just cause. This year, I have the love of my life that I am able to celebrate it with. I get to actually BE someones Valentine. Someone I can walk up to and kiss and tell them I love them. 

Who is your Valentine? 
To all of you dreading this day because you don't have someone to love, guess what? 

GOD LOVES YOU. 
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I went all "Jesus" on ya. But guess what? It's true. When you sit there alone on Valentines day remember that even when you feel alone and that you have no one he is there. He has been all along, whether you acknowledged it or not, he was. God is asking you to be his Valentine, will you accept it? Will you spend this year thinking you are alone or celebrating it with the one Man who has loved you from day one and on? Will you dread it or smile because you know you have a relationship stronger than anyone elses? 

Think about it. Valentines day isn't all bad if you realize that even if you may be "Single" by societies dictionary, you aren't. 

So who will be your valentine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment