Monday, January 9, 2012

Preview to my book "Life in a Mask" Chapter one .

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.
End of March and the first of April, 1999. I was two. My mother was in her third tri-mester with my little sister. My grandmother had been struggling with breast cancer for years. We found out towards the end of March shes didn't have much longer to be around. Threrfore my mother had her labor enduced, to try and get my little sister here before my grandmother passed. 

Just 36 hours before she was born, my grandmother passed. So many emotions in such a shrort amount of time. Greif from our loss, yet joy from our new addition. My little sister was born, and in honor of my grandmother, she was given her name, Sally. Born April first 1999. Faintly I remember sitting on the hospital bed holding her. Children are so small, so delecate. There is no greater feeling in the world than holding a child. 

Ever since that day my little sister has been my world. I finally know what it is like to love someone, to know if the time came, you would give your life to them. Then I rememebered. I lost my grandmother. The sadness took over our family as soon as the adrinaline from the birth wore off. We still lost a loved one, and to cancer. I do not remember anything from that time but my parents have told me she was cremated and her ashes were spread off the coast of an island just off the beaches in North Carolina. 

We have all experienced losing a loved one. Whether it be from old age, disease or something even more drastic. What we have to remember and all seem to forget is that God allows things to happen for a reason. They are not always fair nor are they always joyful but with every tragedy, God has happiness. Show him you have faith in him. We cannot control what happens to others and we can't always help but we need to supply support and hospitality through the rough times. 

Though this is easier said than done, remember the good times. Remember the joyful and fulfilling life they had prior. God calls everyone home. We never want anyone we love to leave our side physically but they are always there in our hearts and memories. Trust in him. You will see them again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment